East Woodstock Congregational Church
220 Woodstock Road, PO Box 156, East Woodstock, CT 06244 (860)928-7449
1690 - Meeting House at Woodstock Hill established.
1760 - Congregation split to form "Northern Parish".
1831 - Disagreement on meeting house site resulted in existing locations of East Woodstock and North Woodstock churches.
1938 - Hurricane demolished church building. Amazingly, our Frazee Pipe Organ was spared. This miracle provided the impetus to rebuild the church to its existing structure.
1957 - Purchased Greek Revival architecture style parsonage on Woodstock Road.
1958 - Fellowship Hall was constructed to connect the Sanctuary and the Brick Schoolhouse, providing a spacious community hall and Sunday School rooms. Complete with kitchen. Fellowship Hall is the location of many of our activities.
1961 - The church congregation voted to become part of United Church of Christ which is a denomination formed by the merging of the Congregational Christian, Evangelical and Reformed Churches.
1987 - Completion and dedication of Bandstand on the Common.
1998 - Dedication of the Sunday School wing.
2002 – Frazee Organ completely renovated
Copyright © 2004 East Woodstock Congregational Church